Designed to be a camp knife, brush-clearing tool, and self-defense weapon, the 12 Everest Bowie Wooden Handle Kukri from GK&CO.KUKRI HOUSE is ready for any outdoor wilderness or survival task to come your way! Kukri is handmade by traditional kami smiths in Nepal, this unique weapon is ready to head into the "bush" or deep woods and will prove to be an essential part of any outdoor adventure. The 5-inch bone handle on the Kukri provides a roomy grip, woods fixed with L and key for durability and adjustment. Kukri is forged in a grueling beating process the Kukri is balanced and water cured. This durable tempered blade will be a great accompaniment to any outdoor excursion.
Specification of 12 Inch Everst Bowie Khukuri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Hardness: spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
Blade size & Type: 12 Inches (30cm) Handmade, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, High Polished Blade
Handle size: 7 Inches (18 cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood.
Overall Length: 19 inches (48 cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
Weight: only blade 990 grams with sheath 1250 grams
Scabbard: Special Wooden Scabbard.
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If its necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with a fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||12 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Features||Lanyard Hole, Sheath Included|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|