6" Blade AEOF Afghan Kukri with White Sheath - Most popular Gurkha Kukri/Khukuri
This is the current issue Kukri for Gurkhas who are in Afghan. Therefore the name derived from the Afghanistan. The Gurkhas are deployed since the war started for Enduring Operation Freedom in Afghanistan(AEOF). The Regiment is decided to carry new kukri fit to the Afghan desert environment therefore the Afghan Kukri is issued to Gurkhas serving in Afghanistan. It is about 10.5" overall length (tip to pommel). Blade is 6" double layers or Fullers (Chirra) semi-polished made of highly graded carbon Steel (Steel 5160 or Car Spring) with balanced water temper on the edge made it very strong blade. As it is made of carbon steel you can also sharpen as you wish. Thickness of the blade is about 3/8 inch at the thickest part of spine. It is full tang blade running through the handle making it super strong. An extended tang with a lanyard hole is also made to facilitate a wrist cord. The handle is about 4.5" long from guard to pommel. The Handle shape is different and has finger grip. The scabbard is made out of cotton-wood wrapped with natural water white colored buffalo leather. The scabbard has a leather loop with fasten-up style in the front with two frogs. Lanyard loop or leather string is also attached at tip of the scabbard. Besides carrying this kukri in combat and training, it can be used to chop wood or bone and cleaning bushes The craftsmanship on this knife is amazing so if you are looking for the finest quality Kukri you will not be disappointed.
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 6 00Inches (16.51 cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Unpolished Blade
* Handle size: 4.5 00 Inches (11.43 cm) full tang handle made of Rose wood.
* Overall Length: 10.5 inches (27.94 cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Aprox)
* Weight: 0.99 lbs or 15.87 Oz (400 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal
How to maintain your Kukri:
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||6 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Material||Sadha wood|
|Handle Type||Full Tang|
|Type||Kitchen, Hunting Survival|