About the Gurkhas- 18" GK&CO. Machete Sword Fixed Blade (GK&CO MSFB)
GK&CO. Machete Sword Fixed Blade (GK&CO MSFB) is a best outdoor cutting tool. The 18" GK&CO MSFB is the new product of GK&CO. Kukri House. This Bowie is made to perform heavy duty and the quality value is excellent. The blade is duel edge at the tip (See picture). It is full tang blade running through the handle making it super strong. It has 9" full tang with both side guard handle. Two rosewood pieces has attached strongly to the metal part of handle with three metal (copper) rivets. The blade is 18" long from guard to tip which is made of Highly Graded Carbon (Steel 5160 or car spring) with balance water temper on the edge therefore it is very strong. It has been built to withstand a lot of work and overwork. The blade is semi-polished which is better for jungle /forest use. This blade can be used to chop wood or bone and cleaning bushes. It is about 27" in overall length (tip to pommel). It is Very sharp (As it is made of carbon steel you can also sharpen as you wish). Thickness of the blade is about 3/8 inch (approx.) at the thickest part of spine. The scabbard is made out of cotton-wood wrapped with natural water buffalo leather which is Black color and as well carry belt it easy carry of back. The scabbard has a leather loop also called farra with a frog which used to attach to the belt.
Specification of 18" Blade GK&CO MSFB
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25
RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel
Type: 5160 Car Spring
Blade size & Type: 18. Inches (45.72 cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Semi- Polished Blade
Handle size: 9 Inches (22.86cm) full tang with Guard handle made of Rose Wood
Overall Length: 27 Inches (68.58cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
Weight: 5 lbs. or 80Oz (2258grams) Approx., Blade and Sheath
Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
Origin: Dharan East Nepal
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If it’s necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||18 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Type||9 Inch long Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|