About the Gurkhas- 10" Dual Guard Blade Panawal Angkhola Kukri Red Case
The shape of this Iraqi
Kukri s is very much similar to our other model -The Famous kukri "
Panawal Angkhola" got special and unique handle with dual guard on the
handle so the kukri is named as" Dual Guard Angkhola".
"Angkhola" means having a semi fuller. This is the real working blade.
10" blade is featured with the "Angkhola" for the durability and
continue cutting and to throw out unnecessary weight of the blade. The blade is
in raw form not highly polished to maintain the level of balance water temper
on the edge which makes the blade stronger. The Handle is featured with the
panawal version since the blade is working one. The handle has got three rivets
for durable fixing of the handle and dual guard for the safety and comfort. Its
used has varied from cutting wood, firewood, meat bone clearing bushes etc.
Being unpolished blade is best for jungle use..
Karda & Chakmak: These are small knives come with Kukri. Karda is small knife used of skinning animal hairs and Chakmak is used of sharpening the Kukri blade in its blunt. When you bid or buy this item you will also get these two unique knives.
Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade.
Specification of 10" Blade Dual Guard Kukri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
Blade size & Type: 10. Inches (25.4cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Semi- Polished Blade
Handle size: 5 Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood
Overall Length: 15 Inches (38.78cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
Weight: 1.99lbs or 31.75 Oz (900grams) Approx., Blade and Sheath & Karda & Chakmak
Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
Origin: Dharan East Nepal
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If it’s necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||10 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Features||Lanyard Hole, Sheath Included|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|