The "Bahadur" in Nepali refer to brave .The knife is design to carry out different type of military and domestic function.9"blade is made of highly graded carbon steel with balance temper on the edge so its very strong .The 5" Handle is flat full tang. Unlike other handle (Not Rat tail), the handle and Blade is a one single piece and visible all around the handle (See pictures). Two Bone pieces joint (Attached) strongly to the metal part of handle with two metal rivets and adjust lanyard hole on handle .scabbard is made of cotton wood hide in water buffalo leather .This knife can be used to cut wood, firewood, clearing bushes, cutting meat, bone etc.
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
* Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
* Blade size & Type: 9.00Inches (22.86cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, polished Blade
* Handle size: 5.00 Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood.
* Overall Length: 14.00inches (35.56cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Aprox)
* Weight: 1.32lbs or 21.16Oz (600 grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath
* Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Leather
* Origin: Dharan, East Nepal
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If its necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with a fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||9 Inch long blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Type||Full Tang|