About the Gurkhas- 10.5" Blade American Eagle Kukri
This is of one of the best product of GK&Co.
Kukri House, in Nepal. This Kukri has three Chirras (3 fullers) with American
eagle handle on its blade so this Khukuri is name as tin (three) chirra (3
fullers). The scabbard is covered in brown/red colored genuine leather and the
handle is made of Rosewood. The blade is made of highly graded carbon steel
blade which is strong and semi-polished. The Blade measures 10.5 inches while
handle is 5 inches. The handle is made from very strong Rosewood. The Handle is
flat full tang, unlike other handle (Not Rat tail), the handle and Blade is a
one single piece and visible all around the handle (See pictures). Two Rosewood
pieces joint (Attached) strongly to the metal part of handle with t metal
rivets and adjust lanyard hole on handle. This blade can be used to chop wood
or bone cleaning bushes. The blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon with
balanced water purring temper on the edge of the blade therefore its very
strong. The wooden display stand can be purchased with additional Charges. Two
small knife chakmak (blunt one) and Karda (sharp one) are free with this knife.
Blunt one can be used to make kukri blade sharp and sharp one is for small
types of work.
Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade.
Specification of 10.5" Blade American Eagle Kukri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46
RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
Blade size & Type: 10.5. Inches (26.67cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Semi- Polished Blade
Handle size: 5 Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood
Overall Length: 15.5 Inches (39.37cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Aprox)
Weight: 1.99lbs or 31.75 Oz (900grams) Approx, Blade and Sheath & Karda & Chakmak
Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
Origin: Dharan East Nepal
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If its necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with a fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||10.5 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Features||Lanyard Hole, Sheath Included|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|