About the Gurkhas' 18" Panawal Bhojpure Wooden Handle
This knife is come from Bhojpur; which place is most famous only for its Khukuris. This is the most famous Khukuri among all. This Bhojpure Khukuri is slightly bigger and heavier the standard blade Khukuri. This kukri is a truly work of art and one of the best products of GK&Co. The Bhojpure Khukuri is a must for most Nepalese to keep it at home. This is not military issue. The handle of this knife is made of Buffalo horn or wood while the scabbard is that of Buffalo leather covered cotton-wood. The blade is 18" long and measures 45.72cm". This knife weighs 2130 grams. This Kukri is also great to use for any kind of heavy or light duty. The water poured temper on the blade makes it very strong. The blade is made of highly graded carbon steel (mostly used in railway tracks). This blade can be used to chop wood or bone cleaning bushes. The blade has been hand engraved with dragon and temple in both side (As seen on picture)
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
· Blade Hardness: spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
· Blade size & Type: 18 Inches (45.72cm) Handmade, Highly
Grade Carbon Steel, High Polished Blade
· Handle size: 6 Inches (15.25 cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood.
· Overall Length: 24 inches (60.96 cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
· Weight: 4.7. Lb with sheath 2.13. KG
· Scabbard: Special Leather Scabbard.
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If it’s necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||18 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|