11" Blade AEOF Afghan Kukri with Drake Red Sheath & Blocker Handle - Most popular Gurkha Kukri/Khukuri
This is the current issue Kukri for Gurkhas who are in Afghan. Therefore the name derived from the Afghanistan. The Gurkhas are deployed since the war started for Enduring Operation Freedom in Afghanistan (AEOF). The Regiment is decided to carry new kukri fit to the Afghan desert environment therefore the Afghan Kukri is issued to Gurkhas serving in Afghanistan. It is about 16.5" overall length (tip to pommel). Blade is 11" double layers or Fullers (Chirra) semi-polished made of highly graded carbon Steel (Steel 5160 or Car Spring) with balanced water temper on the edge made it very strong blade. As it is made of carbon steel you can also sharpen as you wish. Thickness of the blade is about 3/8 inch at the thickest part of spine. It is full tang blade running through the handle making it super strong. An extended tang with a lanyard hole is also made to facilitate a wrist cord. The handle is about 5.5" long from guard to pommel. The Handle shape is different and has finger grip and blocker. The scabbard is made out of cotton-wood wrapped with natural water drake red colored buffalo leather. The scabbard has a leather loop with fasten-up style in the front with two frogs. Lanyard loop or leather string is also attached at tip of the scabbard. Besides carrying this kukri in combat and training, it can be used to chop wood or bone and cleaning bushes The craftsmanship on this knife is amazing so if you are looking for the finest quality Kukri you will not be disappointed.
Specification of 2 nd World War Full tang Wooden Handle Kukri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Thickness: 3/8" Or 0.95mm at the spine(Approx.)
Handle size: 5.5" Or 13.79cm, Full-Tang made of Nepalese Rosewood Handle
Overall Length: 16.1/2" or 41.91cm from tip to pommel. (Approx.)
Blade Weight: 19.5 oz or 312 grams
Overall Weight: 2 lbs or 32 oz or 800 grams
Shipping Weight: 2.5 lbs or 1.25 Kg
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If its necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with a fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||11 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Features||Lanyard Hole, Sheath Included|
|Handle Type||Full Tang Blocker|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|