5" Blade American Eagle Dragon Bone Handle Kukri ( Kitchen knife)
The 5” American Eagle with dragon blade, is one of our most popular kukri models yet. The solid workmanship ensures that this Kukri will withstand the burden of heavy workloads over time. The hand crafted eagle shaped handle made of buffalo bone with white metal tip/pommel while scabbard is made of cotton covered buffalo hide in the shape of an eagle designed by skilled craftsman in eastern Nepal is a testament to the Kukri name. Kukri “American Eagle” has been given favor amongst collectors and enthusiasts alike with its name derived from the National symbol of the United States. The blade of this Kukri is made of Highly Graded Carbon with balanced water purring temper on the edge of the blade making it as durable as they come. This blade is able to chop through meat and vegetables used to kitchen.
This is handcrafted knife therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
It is razor Sharp Kukri, the Smallest size, Perfect for letter opening or Christmas Gift.
Overall length 9" with 5" Blade and 3.75" buffalo bone Handle, thickness 3/8"
Highly Graded Carbon Steel (Steel 5160, Car Spring), Highly-polished.
Rat tail tang Blade, Hand forged by the blacksmith at GK&CO. Kukri House in Eastern Nepal.
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If its necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with a fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||5 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Type||Rat Tail|
|Type||Hunting, Fishing, traveling, Carry knife, Pocket knife|