About the Gurkhas' 18" Traditional Cheetlange Wooden Handle
This is traditional cheetlange khukuri. This Khukuri comes from Cheetlang village of Nepal where skillful craftsmen make this special kind of Khukuri/Kukri, Therefore it is called Cheetlange Khukure. It is simple working as well as decorative knife. The handle and the blade of this Khukuri are different than other Khukuri. The blade is made of highly graded carbon Steel. It has 18” long blade and 6” handle. The Handle is full tang and made of Rosewood. Special Sheath is made of water buffalo leather. The Blade, Handle, Sheath and even small knives called Karda and Chakmak are high-end finished. The wooden display stand can be purchased with additional Charges. It can be used to chop wood, fire wood, bone, cleaning bushes.
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
· Blade Hardness: spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
· Blade size & Type: 18 Inches (45.72cm) Handmade, Highly
Grade Carbon Steel, High Polished Blade
· Handle size: 6 Inches (15.25 cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood.
· Overall Length: 24 inches (60.96 cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
· Weight: 4. Lb with sheath 2. KG
· Scabbard: Special Leather Scabbard.
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If it’s necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||18 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|