Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade.
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Size & Type: 13" OR 33.2cm, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Highly Polished.
Blade Thickness: 3/8" Or 0.95mm at the spine(Approx.)
Handle size: 5.1/4" Or 13.33cm, Rat Tail, made of buffalo horn
Overall Length: 18.1/2" or 46.99cm from tip to pommel. (Approx.)
Sheath: Cotton Covered in Buffalo hide
Overall Weight: 2.5 lbs or 1130 grams
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If it’s necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||13 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Material||Buffalo Horn|
|Handle Type||Rat Tail|
|Type||Military, Army, Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|