About the Gurkhas- 10" Blade Panawal Angkhola Kukri Red Case
The Black Farmer or Village Khukuri (Kukri) is most commonly used any farm in the countryside of Nepal. As a woodcutting and general purpose tool, and is a very common agricultural and household implement in Nepal. Its use has varied from building, clearing, chopping firewood, clearing weeds, dividing perennials, slashing brush, and digging to cutting meat and vegetables, skinning animals, and opening tins. The Black Farmer or Village Khukuri (kukri) is made to perform and work hard, and quality the value is excellent. The blade and handle is similar to Panawal Angkhola kukri. This Black Farmer or Village khukuri (kukri) is a very sturdy and strong. It has been built to withstand a lot of work and overwork. Also the Black Farmer or Village Khukuri (kukri) blade is off shining and better for jungle use. The shape and size is similar to standard issue. The blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon with balanced water purring temper on the edge of the blade therefore its very strong. This blade can be used to chop wood or bone and cleaning bushes.
Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade.
Specification of 10" Blade American Eagle Kukri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
Blade size & Type: 10. Inches (25.4cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Semi- Polished Blade
Handle size: 5 Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood
Overall Length: 15 Inches (38.78cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
Weight: 1.99lbs or 31.75 Oz (900grams) Approx., Blade and Sheath & Karda & Chakmak
Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
Origin: Dharan East Nepal
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If it’s necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||10 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Features||Lanyard Hole, Sheath Included|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|