About the Gurkhas- 10" Blade5 Chirra (5 Fuller) American Eagle Kukri
This 10.5" Blade 5 Chirra (5 Fuller) American Eagle kukri is a beautiful component of the Kukri family. The name; American Eagle derives from the Eagle which is national Symbol of United States, the handle shape is eagle and its famous within US Knife collectors. The blade has beautifully hand skilled craftsman in eastern Nepal. The handle is made of Rosewood with white metal tip/ pommel while scabbard is made of cotton covered with yak hide. The Blade is best for outdoors as well as kitchen for cutting vegetables, meat as well as cutting wood and clearing bushes. This is one of beautiful souvenir or gift items as well.
Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade.
Specification of 10" Blade American Eagle Kukri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Hardness: Spine: 22-25 RC, Belly: 45-46 RC, Edge: 58-60 RC, Steel Type: 5160 Car Spring
Blade size & Type: 10. Inches (25.4cm) Hand made, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Semi- Polished Blade
Handle size: 5 Inches (12.7cm) full tang handle made of Rose Wood and Bone
Overall Length: 15 Inches (38.78cm) from tip of the blade to pommel of the handle (Approx.)
Weight: 1.99lbs or 31.75 Oz (900grams) Approx., Blade and Sheath & Karda & Chakmak
Scabbard: Cotton Covered in Buffalo Leather.
Origin: Dharan East Nepal
maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If its necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with a fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||10 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Features||Lanyard Hole, Sheath Included|
|Handle Material||Wood and Bone|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|