11" White Sheath Iraqi Operation Freedom - Most popular Gurkha Kukri/KhukuriThis kukri is design for those army who are serving in Iraq. The blade shape is similar to the kukri used during the second world war by Gurkhas. The kukri has got full "angkhola" version of blade for the reduction of unnecessary weight of the blade. The kukri has got famous " panawal "version of handle which makes this kukri real functional blade. The kukri is not highly polished to maintain level of water temper stable on the edge. Highly used of machine decrease strangeness of the edge. Aluminum rivets are used to strong fixing of the handle. handle has got grip on the handle for the maximization of force on the blade. so this kukri is real working blade. This kukri can be used to cut wood, firewood, meat, bone, clearing bushes etc
2 nd World War Full tang Wooden Handle Kukri
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Thickness: 3/8" Or 0.95mm at the spine(Approx)
Handle size: 5.5" Or 13.79cm, Full-Tang made of Nepalese Sadhan wood Handle
Overall Length: 16.1/2" or 41.91cm from tip to pommel. (Aprox)
Blade Weight: 19.5 oz or 312 grams
Overall Weight: 2 lbs or 32 oz or 800 grams
Shipping Weight: 2.5 lbs or 1.25 Kg
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If it’s necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||11 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Features||Lanyard Hole, Sheath Included|
|Handle Material||Sadhan wood|
|Handle Type||Full Tang|
|Type||Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|