The Gurkhas Training Kukri with Semi-Polished Blade & Handle. The Jungle of PRI type is the official combat issue of the Gurkha regiment. This is a training knife and is carried by the Gurkha during combat in the Jungle. The blade is off-shining and better for jungle use. The shape and size is similar to standard issue. The blade is made of Highly Graded Carbon with balanced water purring temper on the edge of the blade therefore its very strong. Besides carrying the knife in combat and training, this blade can be used to chop wood or bone and clear brush. It has a full tang which means the metal of the blade fully goes through the handle for maximum strength. The craftsmanship on this knife is amazing so if you are looking for the finest quality Kukri you will not be disappointed. The blade is 10" long with 5.5" handle ( Overall 15.5 Inches). It weighs approximately 1.55 lb or 700 grams. The craftsmanship on this knife is amazing so if you are looking for the finest quality Kukri you will not be disappointed.
Two Accessory Knives: The Karda; which has a sharp edge is used of skinning animal hairs & other one is called Chakmak (blunt) is used for sharpening blade.
This is handcrafted kukri therefore please note that each one might have slight variations in measurement.
Blade Size & Type: 10.00"OR 26.03cm, Highly Grade Carbon Steel, Simi Polished.
Blade Thickness: 3/8" Or 0.95mm at the spine(Approx.)
Handle size: 5.1/2" Or 13.33cm, Full tang, made of buffalo horn
Overall Length: 15.1/2" or 39.37cm from tip to pommel. (Approx.)
Sheath: Cotton Covered in Buffalo hide
Blade Weight: 16.5 oz or 570 grams
Overall Weight: 1.55 lbs or 24.70 oz or 800 grams
Shipping Weight: 2.5 lbs or 1.25 Kg
How to maintain your Kukri:
1. Apply machine oil, gun oil, or animal fat on the blade after every use.
2. Its recommended that you don't leave any fingerprints on the blade. If its necessary to touch the blade, you should clean it by using petrol/gasoline or oil and wipe with soft cloths.
3. Your Kukri blade is made of Carbon Steel and can rust easily. In case of rusting rub it with a fine sandpaper, clean the dirt using some oil or gasoline and wipe it with a clean soft cloth then apply oil. Check the blade frequently and apply oil regularly.
4. Use shoe polish for the leather sheaths. Use brass polish or silver polish (the type used for brass fittings or sliver sheaths).
5. Most of the Kukris come with two utility knives; the blunt knife (chakmak) is used for sharpening the blade The other one - sharp edge (karda) is used for small tasks such as a pen knife.
Origin: GK&CO.Kukri factory in Eastern Nepal.
|Blade Edge||Razo Sharp|
|Blade Length||10 Inch Long Blade|
|Blade Material||High-Carbon Steel|
|Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Brand||GK&CO. Kukri House|
|Country/Region of Manufacture||Nepal|
|Handle Material||Buffalo Horn|
|Handle Type||Full tang|
|Type||Military, Army, Hunting, Working, traveling, Carry knife Survival,|